Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The cracks that appear

The minor cracks that appear, and they do, I cover them over - I smooth in the glue - with the tip of my finger I wet the plaster and smooth it over.

Such is the gummed-up bogged in smoothed over good willed maintenance-nature
of the shanty boat life. And it brings that musky little shot of male contentment.

After touching up the new cornices which had lifted away a little from the upper walls - lots of expansion and contraction in a jerry rigged boat - I fried up some onions, tomato chilli, olives and peppers and made a pasta sauce and ate it with pasta and some parsley to freshen. My face glowed. I sweated. The breeze blew in from the river. I felt desire for sweet black tea and after that I rolled a cigarette and sat on the whiteness of my bedsheet and smoked and knocked ash into my empty teacup. Which squeaked a little and sizzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment