Sunday, November 21, 2010

yesterday's left over karma

It's hot. my shirt has dobs of plaster on it. I've roused myself after this mornings unexpected call to work, to doing some repair work to the paintwork. Yesterday i felt tired and paranoid and all the speedboats and radios and barbecue families were making me feel lonely so i steamed the two hours back to Terry's boat ramp. Campers had left beer bottles and trash. I had tea with my sister Sharon. We argued about the Bible she said if you read it you'd believe it. She said you probably dont even remember it, I said I read it from cover to cover every year for ten years of my adult life, I know it as well as anybody. What's genesis 12 verse 7 say? She didnt know. I asked her what she thought of the behaviour of her god in the book of Job. I said the normal term we have for someone who would off handedly torture someone over a bet is "psychotic killer'. In the book of Job satan bets god he can't crack Job's faith so god tortures him physically, destroys his house, crop, sons, & wives. The conversation riled me.

No comments:

Post a Comment